Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Do You Feel Alright?' Muffins"

I made muffins that were a big hit with the twins and my husband, thought I'd share them with you guys!

Makes about 12-18 muffins I made 12 exactly.

2 cups all purpose flour
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp salt

2/3 cup milk
1/2 cup (1 stick) of melted butter cooled
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla

11.5 oz (1 package) Nestle swirled chips, semi-sweet & white chocolate

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F

If you're going to use paper cups go ahead and put them in, I did about half and half so Chase could take some to work and they're stay together better. Or grease the muffin cups if you won't be using paper cups.

In a large bowl combine all the dry ingredients (the first list). Mix them thoroughly (remember that baking is all about chemical reactions so the ingredients need to be even distributed in the mixture)

In another bowl combine all the wet ingredients (second list).

Now combine the wet with the dry and mixture thoroughly.

Add the bag of chocolate swirl chips stirring them into the mixture.

Now spoon out into your muffin pan. I usually fill them up just under the edge.

Now bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean...well except for melted chocolate.

Put them on a wire rack let them cool for about 5 minutes and enjoy!

They are very rich, more cakey in texture than muffiny I think. But they are oh so good!
I named them the "Do You Fell Alright?' Muffins" because that's what my husband said when he called at 9am and I said I was baking. lol

3 comments:

  1. Hey Christa. I am Heather Thompson... you commented on a blog about my ex-husband being released from prison a few months ago.
    Can you email me?
    Thanks!
    FightingDV@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, please. I love muffins, almost as much as chocolate chip waffles.

    PS: Love your blog title. It looked so tasty, I had to stop by for a bite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS: Just read your comment on my blog. A huge congrats to you on your upcoming home birth! That is fantastic awesome sweet!! My mom was never @ any of my births (she happens to be anti-home birth). You are a lucky lady.

    ReplyDelete