Monday, May 11, 2009

Stay Calm...and Have a Cupcake

I love this saying, even though I despise cake. I love making them don't get me wrong, and there is just something about people saying "Wow that was good" that warms my soul. But I don't really eat it, unless I made it. My favorite part of a cake is the part I cut off when I'm leveling the layers, aahh pure heaven. I'm not big on icing, but I make incredible whipped cream icing according to my hubby and sisters. So that's why I'm starting this blog. I wanted to make a place that I could post the different things I try, some will work...many will not. But I have been wanting something other than my family blog to tend to. Something that will help me spread my branches.
This won't always be desserts, because I don't make them very often, even though my cupboard is always stocked with the ingredients to make one just in case company is coming.
You know what I want to take back something I said... I do love one kind of cake, so much I wish I knew how to make it for myself (but then I'd be too big for my house). Tres Leche cake...oh gosh my mouth is watering thinking about it.
So let's see where this blog takes us. I hope it's a fun ride.

2 comments:

  1. You don't know me and I don't usually do comment on people's blogs who I do know, so commenting on a stranger's is out on a limb for me. But on my family's recipe blog my dad posted a recipe for tres leche cake. I've never tried it but he says it really good. The address is:http://ourfamilysrecipes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're a good cook. My two favorites are chocolate and whip cream, so your whip cream icing appeals to me ***smile***

    www.FunnyPhotosContest.com Submit CUTE or FUNNY photos and tell friends to vote for them. No entry fee.

    ReplyDelete